Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Right to Bite

Last day in the foggy Richmond. Last official day of preschool teaching for the semester.

I had hoped for a parade, fireworks, perhaps a party with one of those bouncy castles. Instead I got a bite.

In the middle of playing one final game, a student became very involved in acting as a tiger and came over to bite my leg. (Interestingly enough, it wasn't the same student who bit my leg at this school earlier in the year.) The bite was pretty innocent, as far as bites go, and my pant leg probably suffered the most damage. We finished the game and the students and I made our goodbyes.

I walked out of the school after being soaked in hugs and almost immediately tripped on the sidewalk.

The fall was completely unrelated to class. Or to my bitten leg. But I mention it because it was yet another reminder that even when you think you've reached an end, there will always be something else that humbles you and forces you to pick yourself back up again.

I'm also pretty clumsy. And that's probably not going to change. Even without leg bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment